Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intelliflo VS programing

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intelliflo VS programing

Hi All, thanks for all the great info. I've got a Pentair ItelliFlo VS ad can't seem to program the timer to run at the speed I want. I suspect I've set more than one program to run. Does anyone know how to delete/reset timing programs?
    Thanks
    Nelson

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Intelliflo VS programing

You'll need to reset to factory defaults and start over in all likelihood.

Each speed needs to be tied to one time period. The same speed may be entered multiple times in different speed slots, of which there are eight.

For example, Speed #1 might be 1000 RPM and run from 9 am to 12pm. Then Speed 2, at 2400 RPM from 12 to 1 pm. Then Speed 3 from 1 to 4 at 1000 RPM and Speed 4 at 2400 till 6pm.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have that pump, and the instructions are extremely poorly written. Horrible; I wish I never got this pump!!! For example, there is not one word there on how to edit your settings!
    18k gallon in ground plaster with attached spa
    Pentair CCP 320 cartridge filter
    Goldline Aqua Rite SWG
    IntelliFlo VS pump
    Teledyne Laars ESC heater
    Hayward Pool Vac Ultra cleaner w/ skimmer Vac Plate and inline leaf basket
    Palm Springs, CA

4. Back To Top    #4

I find it not unlike a VCR being set for recording more than one program at different times. It's not that big a deal for me since I am perhaps a bit more computer and equipment savvy than most. I like the options given but options do add complexity.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just go back in to the program mode and set your speeds and times to what you want. Select menu first then select speeds and go through them as you want and reprogram. The manual can be a little confusing at first but if you run through the process at the pump with the manual, you get the hang of it quickly. I'm no tech wiz and I've got it down after playing with it a bit.
    22K gallon free form pebble tec pool, non screened, surrounded by 3, 100+ year old Live Oaks (pure misery for 3 months every spring) elevated non heated spa, jandy cl340 filter, Pentair Inteliflo 3hp pump, Jandy 1400 swg, infloor cleaning system which has had all outlets removed due to uselessness of system with the organic load the pool carries and now low rp