Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dumb Question, How To Hook Up the Vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumb Question, How To Hook Up the Vacuum?

We have had storms the last 2 nights and my pool really needs vacuuming. I have a Hayward widemouth filter. I have an attachment that looks to be for the vac hose - the hose attaches at a right-angle. I assumed you just slid it through the filter opening and put it down on top of the basket, but it doesn't fit through the opening. If I bring it over the top of the pool wall, a) air gets in and I don't want that and b) the hose can't bend up to to go over the wall. Is there something I am missing?
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumb Question, How To Hook Up the Vacuum?

You can put the plate on from the top and run the hose in through the skimmer mouth and connect them together inside the skimmer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. that seems a lot of work and not a very good design each time I want to vacuum. I guess I need to get a tooless hose clamp. I also found a site that suggests one of these:

27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

4. Back To Top    #4

The vacuum hose should be a friction fit into the vacuum plate, very easy to attach.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh. I didn't know that. I guess if it leaks a little it doesn't really matter. I will take off the hose clamp I put on it then.