LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Lafayette, Ca / USA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I read here about those Skimmer Socks that are added to the skimmer basket. Couple of questions:

- Do they affect the flow rate of the filter system? e.g., reduce the sucking & return pressure of the pump & filter?

- The images I've seen show them attached to the UNDERSIDE of the filter basket - the direction into the return system. Is there ever any concern about the sock being sucked off the basket and into the filter system?

- Do you leave yours on all the time, or maybe just after a lot of pool bathing parties?

Thanks in advance

Hello

I just registered today However I've learned alot of good stuff on here

I just bought a skimmer sock the last week. I have a 18x36 inground with a sand filter

The reason for me getting this was it collects alot of lil stuff (Dog hair, bugs lil pieces of Crud and whatever)

I bought a pack at a local pool store like 5 for $8

I don't notice any filter suction loss but I do keep an eye out for leaves as they can clog it up alot quicker.

So far so good on the filter sock

- The images I've seen show them attached to the UNDERSIDE of the filter basket - the direction into the return system. Is there ever any concern about the sock being sucked off the basket and into the filter system?
The skimmer basket socks go inside the basket! Otherwise, as you said, there would be a concern it would end up in the filter system!

Do you leave yours on all the time, or maybe just after a lot of pool bathing parties?
I leave the socks in the basket as long as the pump/filter are running. Since we never run our pump at night, the socks get pulled and rinsed, not allowed to sit in basket overnight.

I keep the skimmer sock in place until it starts to shred. I even keep it on when we vacuum the pool, but had to add a large rubber band to keep it in place with the heavy suction. I buy them online in multi packs, and get several packs at a time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.