Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach

Wow! Everyone must be going with your BBB method. The bleach shelf at the local Walmart is bare
    AG 18' x 48" Hayward pump and DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bleach

We apologize.........................................
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought the last 3 bottles yesterday, and there wasn't even any Clorox on the shelf.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Can I add Bleach in my skimmer? If I have chlorinator.. I'm using Aqua Chem 3" Tabs in the chlorinator now
    18x36 ig Vinyl 26000 gal
    30 Jandy Sand Filter
    2hp Pentair Challenger
    Hayward Chlorinator

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta
    Can I add Bleach in my skimmer? If I have chlorinator.. I'm using Aqua Chem 3" Tabs in the chlorinator now
    Just pour it in the pool in front of the return stream.

Have you checked your CYA level lately? You know those 3" tablets add stabilizer along wioth the chlorine. It just builds and builds and builds, and the only realistic way to get rid of it is by draining. So be careful....
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

can you advise a better tab to use?? Lately I've been hammering them up and soaking in a 5gal bucket and pooring in pool.

Also how do I lower CYA
    18x36 ig Vinyl 26000 gal
    30 Jandy Sand Filter
    2hp Pentair Challenger
    Hayward Chlorinator

7. Back To Top    #7

Bleach

It would probably be best for you to read pool school and familiarize yourself with the bbb method, it will save you a ton of money and you will take control of your pool.
    I started bbb this year and my pool is crystal clear and have only had to shock my pool once at opening
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

All tabs have things added to them to form a solid, either cya or calcium. Both will build up over time and cause problems if you don't replace some water. Just use bleach. Nothing extra added but a little salt.
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.