New metal frame pool with pinhole size leak on side wall

Jul 1, 2012
NJ
Hello.

I have just found this wonderful site.

I purchased a "summer splash" 15 x 42 metal frame pool. Everything went well during assembly. Started filling the pool up last night. Checked on it this morning and saw tiny drops of water coming out the sidewall of the pool near the bottom. It came with a patch kit (which i think is more designed for pools with the blow up top ring), put patch on outside of pool, water is still leaking out. We are now in the process of emptying the pool figuring that we will have to do that at some point to either correct the problem or return the pool.

Are there any solutions to this type of problem other than returning it and giving up for the summer?

"summer splash" 15 x 42 metal frame pool with attached filter. purchased and assembled 6/30/12

Re: NEW METAL FRAME POOL WITH PINHOLE SIZE LEAK ON SIDE WALL

If it were me I would return it for an exchange.

May I suggest you read the BBB method and go to the poolschool for valuable information. It is well worth the time spent and will save you tons of headaches.

Re: 15 x 42 metal frame pool with pinhole leak on side - HEL

There's a product out there that's an underwater wet/dry goo for doing small patches. Cheers! I had a leak within the first hour of my pool also but it's been great ever since (goin on 2 months now)

Well I had a tree branch crash through my pool cover and make a quarter size hole in the bottom of the pool 2 winters ago. I patched the bottom and it still holds to this day. Patching under water is really easy.

Hi, we had the same problem with ours. I got an underwater patch kit from walmart and patched the pinhole from inside the pool. Worked great! No more leak and didn't have to drain a drop from the pool.