Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: New metal frame pool with pinhole size leak on side wall

New metal frame pool with pinhole size leak on side wall

Hello.

I have just found this wonderful site.

I purchased a "summer splash" 15 x 42 metal frame pool. Everything went well during assembly. Started filling the pool up last night. Checked on it this morning and saw tiny drops of water coming out the sidewall of the pool near the bottom. It came with a patch kit (which i think is more designed for pools with the blow up top ring), put patch on outside of pool, water is still leaking out. We are now in the process of emptying the pool figuring that we will have to do that at some point to either correct the problem or return the pool.

Are there any solutions to this type of problem other than returning it and giving up for the summer?

"summer splash" 15 x 42 metal frame pool with attached filter. purchased and assembled 6/30/12
    SUMMER SPLASH 15 X 42 METAL FRAME POOL PURCHASED AT WALMART ON 6/30/12 AND INSTALLED ON SAME DAY.
    CAME WITH FILTER THAT ATTACHES TO WALL OF POOL.
    THE ONLY EDUCATION IN POOLS ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT CAME WITH IT.

Re: NEW METAL FRAME POOL WITH PINHOLE SIZE LEAK ON SIDE WALL

If it were me I would return it for an exchange.

May I suggest you read the BBB method and go to the poolschool for valuable information. It is well worth the time spent and will save you tons of headaches.
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit

Re: 15 x 42 metal frame pool with pinhole leak on side - HEL

There's a product out there that's an underwater wet/dry goo for doing small patches. Cheers! I had a leak within the first hour of my pool also but it's been great ever since (goin on 2 months now)
    12' x 36" Intex AGP on a raised concrete slab under a ramada in sunny Arizona. Borated, balanced, and beautiful blue.

Well I had a tree branch crash through my pool cover and make a quarter size hole in the bottom of the pool 2 winters ago. I patched the bottom and it still holds to this day. Patching under water is really easy.

Hi, we had the same problem with ours. I got an underwater patch kit from walmart and patched the pinhole from inside the pool. Worked great! No more leak and didn't have to drain a drop from the pool.
    TF100 kit, Sharkline AGP Heritage 27' round 54" deep, Dual speed Pentair clean & clear Optiflo pump with 150 sf cartridge filter, just installed! Location: North Texas.

I agree with the others...Use the underwater patch. It works very well.

Re: New metal frame pool with pinhole size leak on side wall

Diana I merged all your duplicate topics and deleted the ones in all caps. Please keep related posts in this topic and refrain from using all caps

A patch kit as mentioned above is your best bet.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.