Intex 8110 Won't Turn On Anymore

May 26, 2009
Oshawa, Ont
Worked fine for 2 yrs and 1 month so far this year.
Had it on a daily 1 hr cycle. Worked like a charm but now it won't even turn on. No LED. Tried different power receptacles.
I just unhooked it from the pool to try and troubleshoot, but not sure where to start.
Would the LED even turn on if it didn't have water flow - how do I test the LED without hooking it back up?
Would a dirty cell cause this? Maybe I will try to clean the cells.

Hi All, its 2016 and I had the same 2 year issue that was described here; regarding no power to the GFCI module and unit. The answer is in the GFCI module. The module is between the chlorinator and the power receptacle. The connection blocks (in and out), are at the top and bottom of the module, with caps that are screwed in with 4 phillips screws, each. inside are 3 head, screw blocks; where the (black green white) wires connect.

In troubleshooting, I carefully plugged it in with the caps off and metered the wires, and thankfully the switch was set to on, because just the pressure from the probes was enough to restore the connection. I tightened each of the connections, and it is chlorinating.

Here's hoping this helps someone in 2020 or sooner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.