Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need help decideing which pump

1. Back To Top    #1

need help decideing which pump

i am new to the pool world and have been reading all the info i can. i am getting ready to order a sharkline heritage 24x52 and need some help picking one of these two pumps or maybe a different one if someone has a suggestion.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupp ... DO2260.htm

or this one

http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com/ ... -5240.html
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit
    BBB method and pool rover jr

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need help decideing which pump

Either one will work - the common response here is that you should get as large a filter as you can afford / fit in. 2 Speed motor on both pumps is a wash and a plus, although we would also say that you really don't need 1.5 HP - a 1 HP (or smaller) 2 speed would be plenty.

Just ensure that you have "enough" electric power to run the pump, with enough wire to carry it with at least 12 guage wire.
    16x32 IG 19,000 gallons, Pentair 1.5 hp Energy Efficient Superflo pump (348024),vinyl liner, Chlorine dispenser, Hayward S-244T sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

The SD-60 unit is the right one for your pool. The 22" Waterway is too small. It only holds 150 lbs of sand.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    The SD-60 unit is the right one for your pool. The 22" Waterway is too small. It only holds 150 lbs of sand.
    Thanks bama i was hoping u would chime in i was thinking that cause the sd60 holds 250ponds and it is close to what u have. Do u know if that will need 220 or 110.
    Thanks
    24x52 sharkline heritage agp,Hayward power flo lx 1h/p,Hayward s210 sandfilter, and tf100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Those pumps looked like they were 120V pumps - I know the Pentair Dynamo is .
    16x32 IG 19,000 gallons, Pentair 1.5 hp Energy Efficient Superflo pump (348024),vinyl liner, Chlorine dispenser, Hayward S-244T sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by scooperhsd
    Those pumps looked like they were 120V pumps - I know the Pentair Dynamo is .

Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah, those pumps are 120 volt.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit