Newbie trying to avoid a problem!!

That's a great idea! I'll try it and let you know how it goes!
We had another bad storm last night and got lots of rain, so here's the latest update. I brought the FC up to shock level just in case the rain promoted algae growth (my oclt was 0, so I'm glad I did).

FC 20
CC 0
Ph 7.8
Ta 90
Ch 40
CYA 45

The storm last night knocked out some of the power that had already been restored, so they've given us a new estimate on when ours might be back on. We are currently looking at Monday :shock: That will make it 9 days without power :hammer:
My pool is still clear and the temp is holding at 89 (even with the rain). The only thing I can say is thank goodness for clorox bleach, because that's the only chemical I've added through all this. I've been compulsive about using the net to get leaves and stuff out of the pool and I think that has helped too.

I'll keep everyone posted on our progress!!

I just realized where you are! I had never heard of a "Land Hurricane"! Living in Florida, I am all too familiar with hurricanes but this is a new one on me. Googled it. WOW! You poor thing! And you seem to be holding onto such a wonderful outlook! Good for you! You and yours are in my prayers.

We just got our power back on!!! :party: Pump is running and vacuum is in the pool! Numbers looked good today but I am shocking anyway!
Fc 10
Cc0
Ph 7.8
Ta 90
Ch 40
Cya 45

Thank you all so much for the encouragement this past week! You guys and gals are awesome! I pray none of you ever go through anything like the week we just had!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.