auto pool cleaner and pop up heads question....

Jun 30, 2012
Hello,
I moved into a home about a year ago and it has the pop up cleaning heads on the floor of the pool. It seems the pool designer was an idiot, because there is no way to shut those off, the only way water gets back to the pool is by going through the floor cleaners. The pop up floor cleaners leave a lot to be desired when it comes to a clean floor bottom and manually vacuuming certainly gets old after a while.... I was hoping to be able to buy an auto pool cleaner, but with no way to shut those pop ups off i dont know if any cleaner will work? will the cleaners get stuck on them really easy? or is there one type of cleaner that will work better than another? any helps would be great ! thank you !

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have the pop ups but many here do. I would say narrow it down to what type of cleaner you want (pressure, suction, robot) and a range of how much you want to spend. The Pool School link has an article, under Equipment, that discusses the differences. Your choice may depend on the size of pool and what type of debris you get. Once you know the type of cleaner then you can search and read all sorts of posts here discussing the pros and cons of each. Many of those articles tell if the particular cleaner does well with steps, ladders, pop ups, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.