Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just wondering about pump for cheap homemade Liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Just wondering about pump for cheap homemade Liquidator

Has anyone ever tried a little waterfall pump.30gpm&putting it in a bucket to pump Bleach&adjust to timer for pumping it to piping..Been wondering&see them for about $20..
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just wondering about pump for cheap homemade Liquidator

Running full strength bleach through a pump not specifically designed for caustic chemicals will rapidly destroy the pump. Also, I can't image pumping bleach with a 30 gpm pump, you want a couple of oz per hour.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Running full strength bleach through a pump not specifically designed for caustic chemicals will rapidly destroy the pump. Also, I can't image pumping bleach with a 30 gpm pump, you want a couple of oz per hour.
    you would have to restrict flow..I was just wondering if got the smallest size pump.Correction on gpm...It was GPH.I was just wondering if it would hold up.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Why not use the suction developed by the pump and do it that way.
    Have you read this link: homemade-acid-or-chlorine-injection-system-t4174.html
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown
    Why not use the suction developed by the pump and do it that way.
    Have you read this link: homemade-acid-or-chlorine-injection-system-t4174.html
    I seen that one a couple yrs ago..It want work with aboveground what I have read.No biggie.I was just wondering..I get a brain fart once in a while.lol..

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kplaster View Post
    I seen that one a couple yrs ago..It want work with aboveground what I have read.No biggie.I was just wondering..I get a brain fart once in a while.lol..

You ever build one?
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    You ever build one?
    Nope,never did.I switched to SWG this year.Love it &Wish I had earlier for sure.