10 year pool owner

This my first post here,just been reading and learning.This is our 10th summer of having a pool and have learned more in the last month then I knew in the past 9 years. We started off 10 years ago with an Intex pool with the inflatable ring, Think the first one was 16'x42" then after 3 years of fight with it bought a bigger one,That one was 18'x48" with the inflatable ring, that was trouble too as far as keeping the ring inflated but I got pretty good at finding the little holes in the ring and patching them. After 3 years with that one I seen Target had the 18'x52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool for $600 so told my wife we are going to go this route.
Was the best $600 that we spent, going on year number 4 for our pool which is good considering I haven't taken it down since we first put it up 4 years ago and we live in Minnesota,Just drain it down part way before winter,cover in the fall to keep leaves out the remove it, In the spring I drain it ,clean it , then refill. Until this year I have always have had problems keeping it clear and chlorine in it.But this year I discovered this site and learned what I was doing wrong. So now this year our pool has been up since May 15th and decided to buy a swg, Turns out between that and info I learned on this site has made maintaining of our pool so easy. Have been using the same cartridge filter since startup and rarely have to clean it. Any other year we would go through at least 1 filter every 2 weeks. I have never have had such a clean and clear pool as this year. Just want to say thanks for the info this site has.

Welcome to TFP!

Glad you are enjoying your clear pool.

Just a note that I assume you realize you do not have to drain the pool in the spring. If you winterize and open early enough, the water will still be clear. Even if the water was not clear, you now know how to clear it through the shock process.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)