Is my filter to small?

Jun 23, 2012
I can't keep my pool clean. I am vaccuming once a day, skimming the water 2-3 times a day. Now I realize part of the problem is we have a dirty messy yard due to the pool install and the electrical work. we are rinsing feet before we get in. But the water has so much junk floating in it and I can't keep up. I have a aqua star sand filter.
Tank diameter 19 inch
max flow (gpm) 45
Max working pressure (psi) 35
Sand 100lbs
Would adding the Diatomaceous Earth help? I am running the filter 24 hrs a day at this point.

If the surface of the water is dirty, most likely your skimmer is not working correctly. That might happen because the circulation patter isn't right, or because something is wrong with the skimmer. Make sure that the water flows around in a circle when the pump is on so that surface debris gets carried towards the skimmer. Also check that the skimmer is pulling in surface water effectively, you should see debris on the surface get pulled into the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.