Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brand new Polaris 280 stuck on steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Sacramento, CA

Brand new Polaris 280 stuck on steps

We just bought a Polaris 280 about a month ago. It was working fine, but for the past 2 weeks it gets stuck on our steps and literally will stay there the entire time it is set to run. The back up valve is working as I have checked it many times and it will pull the Polaris out of other parts of the pool ( after I have pulled it away from the steps). Also the wheels are rotating within the right rpm. The hose length between the polaris and the back up valve is 3 feet. Is that too long? Any other thoughts/suggestions?
    Dominick (Inground Pool Newbie)
    650 sq/ft - 20k gallons
    Free-Form Gunite with Granite Ansylbrite Finish
    40 sq/ft 18' raised spa
    Jandy DE60 filter
    Jandy Aquapure 1400
    Jandy Aqua link PDA

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Brand new Polaris 280 stuck on steps

At back of the 280, below the tail whip, is an adjustable nozzle. Try changing its orientation from left to right (or right to left) and see if that doesn't change its attitude.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!