Test results are in with my TF 100, experts?

Jun 26, 2012
Jackson, NJ
So I did throw in 2.5lbs of powder shock yesterday but removed all pucks from skimmers. Today I tested the pool and here are the results:

FC 0.5
CC 1.0
TC 1.5
pH 7.5
TA 120-130
CH 340
CYA 100

So what's my next step? I'm going to home depot now anyway so I'll be checking the thread periodically. Maybe I'll pick up some bleach?

You don't wanna hear this but............Your CYA is likely greater than 100. Do that test using half tap water and pool water and double your results. You should drain and replace water till the level gets into proper range for your SWG. Then you need to shock your pool using BLEACH! Also, noone here recommends use of the Nature 2 Thingy due to metals. Take a read through shocking your pool in pool school and see the CYA/Chlorine chart there.

I think Leo has the TF100 XL :goodjob:

Yeah, pick up plain unscented bleach or liquid chlorine. You are gonna need it.

As Woody said, that CYA needs work. I suggest you retest the CYA using the dilution method. Use 1/2 pool water and 1/2 tap water, then the reagent and test again. You should double the test results. This is not accurate, but it will tell us if CYA is closer to 100 or 200

You can pour the sample back and forth as often as you need to help confirm your reading.

Have you seen the Extended Test Kit Directions? extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html

I do have the XL version yes :)
My CYA testing was interesting because I kept adding the water and kept seein the dot, not very well but I did see it so I'm assuming it was 100. Even going further I could still see the outline of the dot but it was so murky I decided to say it was 100.

Wait it sounds like you filled the CYA tube and still saw the dot. Is that right? That would mean you have low CYA.

Just want to bee sure before you drain.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

My CYA testing was interesting because I kept adding the water and kept seein the dot, not very well but I did see it so I'm assuming it was 100. Even going further I could still see the outline of the dot but it was so murky I decided to say it was 100.
That really does sound like you may have made a testing error. A CYA reading of 100 will mean that you would have put about 1.25" of water in the tube and the dot disappeared completely.

AdrenalinPlease said:
No I could still somewhat see a very murky dot when I was at 100ppm but started to doubt myself and just said it was 100ppm.
There is a link in the CYA Extended Test Kit Directions (in my post above) that has pics of the test. It may help you get a better read on the test. Many of us have a better handle on the test after viewing the pics. :wink:

As a side note: the water is crystal clear and sparkling lol.
Very good news :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AdrenalinPlease said:
No I could still somewhat see a very murky dot when I was at 100ppm but started to doubt myself and just said it was 100ppm.

As a side note: the water is crystal clear and sparkling lol.
you should not see the dot at all. you can keep pouring back into the bottle so you can experiment with the test. Really go until you cant see the dot at all.

Image A
image001.jpg

Image B
image002.jpg

Image C
image003.jpg

If you fill the CYA testing tube completely, does it look like Image A, B or C? The tube in the images is part of the chlorine test block but the tubes work in the same way.

I read and re-read the postings and it's not clear what you meant.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.