Expected Water Loss

May 26, 2012
Hi Everyone,

My pool is in direct sunlight all day, and is used about 3-4 times per week. It's my first summer with it and 11 days ago maybe 2 months or so after opening, the water dropped below the skimmer line. It might have been dropping slowly the whole time, I wasn't watching it. I had a truck come in and dump enough that got us to 3/4 the way up the skimmer. It's been slowly dropping and is now back at about the 1/4 mark (so half way down the skimmer).

Does this sound like typical loss in an area that's 85+ all day and is completely unprotected from the sun? There are no obvious leaks but I want to see if I should just be regularly adding hose water or if I should be shelling out a few hundred to have it professionally checked out.

I have not done the bucket test yet :)

Cheers
:cheers:

Was gone for a few days so I filled my pool up to the top, and shut off my autofill. When I came back three days later, the pool had lost 2 inches of water. Granted this is Phoenix and it has been about 110 here everyday with very little humidity. Your loss doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

The problem has gotten worse - I'm adding about 600 gallons per week the last three weeks. I tried the plastic wrap trick and the food coloring as well as manually looking for water where it shouldn't be and I've had no luck. I've decided to call in the pros for this one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.