Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above ground... in the ground?

1. Back To Top    #1

Above ground... in the ground?

I've seen it done, so we're thinking of doing this since we need to re-line anyway.

So tips? How to's?

We have a steel side doughboy, 24' round, w/ sand filter.

Anyone have pictures of their construction? Tips? Other info on this?
    Owner of a cloudy but no longer swampy green AG 24' x 4' Doughboy, sand filter with SWG. Soon to be a crystal clear oasis!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Above ground... in the ground?

At the bottom of each page is a google search box. Enter "buried above ground pool" in the search box and it should pull up several discussions and a couple of build threads.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

As long as your warranty is not an issue----knock yourself out! Mine is buried 2 foot which was allowed by the warranty. My yard slopes downhill from the back of the house to the fence/street, so it is buried 2 ft. on the high side and not so much by the fence.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mesquite, Texas

I am about to do what woodyp did (I have my own build thread and will post pics when they start soon). It is allowed by DB. There are cons to going all in too. Fence, safety, yard clippings. Albeit, they are minor compared to the ease of getting in and out. Good luck and post pics.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator