What wrong with my pool

Bella

Jun 30, 2012
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting and I want to thank you all in advance for being here for newbies like me.

We have had this Intex pool with the inflatable ring for three years. This is the first time we've had this problem. The water is clear, however when I push against the edge of the pool, bubbles appear. When we vacuumed the bottom, lots of bubbles appeared from vacuum, almost like a dirty looking foam. The bubbles/foam float on the surface of the water for hours, but the next morning they are gone only to appear again when the water is agitated. Yesterday I noticed a small spot of yellow on the floor of the pool (about the size of a saucer), but I assumed it was just pollen??

One of the children did take an empty dish soap bottle into the pool (don't know if he rinsed it or not), but we are wondering if a tiny bit of soap could be the problem??? Also someone swam one day with a LOT of hair products. The next day, there was a white film on the surface that went away after we skimmed the pool removing as much as we could. Please tell me how I can help our sick pool :cry:

I'm hoping someone can tell me what this is and how to resolve it? Thanks so much.

Hi, welcome to TFP! First thing we will need is a complete set of test results. It could be that you need to keep the chlorine level a little higher than you have in the past. How do you chlorinate the pool? Do you have a skimmer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.