Floc and sand

What kind of floc do you recommend?

"Slow- rate " is faster than 0.1-0.4 meters/hour. You probably meant to say 1 - 4 meters/hour , and even this speed is very very slow.
Drinking Water Plants run their Filters at about 7 meters/hour.

"High-rate" is up to 20 GPM, which means not 12 meters/hour but 48.80 meters/hour.

I also agree with the OP that Floc is very important to achieve good water clarity.
Also I keep reading that Pools need to be shocked. . . Ask yourself - Isn't that already an admission that something is wrong with filtration ?
If a Pool uses proper coagulation/flocculation it never needs to be shocked.
"Floc - don't shock"

Floc is NOT recommended for regular use in low bather-load residential pools (especially outdoors). This is why this thread is in The Deep End because it is not standard practice promoted on this forum.

There should be no need for any regular shocking nor use of clarifiers, flocculants, enzymes, algaecides or other products if one properly maintains their Free Chlorine (FC) level relative to their Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level as described in the Chlorine / CYA Chart in the Pool School.

Why are you asking your question? Is there a specific problem you are having with your pool? If so, then you should start a thread describing details of the problem and post a full set of water chemistry numbers using your good test kit (either the TFTestkits TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006).

I see that you did start a thread Dirt coming out the outlet so I will respond with more details there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.