Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need help with test results. please. unsure what next

1. Back To Top    #1

need help with test results. please. unsure what next

Hi everyone! Not sure what to do with results I just got so decided to ask the pros!
    Water is clear and 90 deg. Had a lot of rain few days ago. Unsure about these results. Taylor test kit.

FC 15
    TC 25
    CC 10
    Ph 7.4
    CH 250
    TA 125
    CYA 90

thank you!
    4600 gal above ground vinyl liner summer escapes pool. Intex krystal clear filter pump/salt water chlorinator. Stuart, FL.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need help with test results. please. unsure what next

If those numbers are correct it looks like starting the shocking process is in your immediate future. CC 10- -How fitting that that smiley is called "shock"

With that high of CYA it would be a good idea to drain and refill half of the water first.
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

I wasn't trying to shock it. It just happened. Not sure how. I'm confused about how much bleach to add to finish shock process. Any advice?
    4600 gal above ground vinyl liner summer escapes pool. Intex krystal clear filter pump/salt water chlorinator. Stuart, FL.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Any advice?
    read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. Then read "How to Shock Your Pool".

If you really don't understand how your FC got so high, you need to review your dosing procedures and make sure you are correctly using the pool calculator. I would make a guess that your testing procedures are in error on the FC - TC test so please review them.

Once you confirm whether you have an error in your tests or not, you are ready to shock the pool. You must do so by following the article mentioned above.....do not vary from those directions.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School