Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa Jets need Jump Start

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa Jets need Jump Start

I have a fiberglass pool that has spa jets for the returns (hayward I believe). My pumping station is about 60 - 80 ft. from my pool. When the pump is running the spa jets draw air from a pipe that comes out of the ground at the pumping station.

The return water works fine, but if I want the air to come out of the returns as well I need to put a shop-vac on the pipe and blow air in to jump start them. When I take shop-vac out they work fine for the rest of the day.

I have to think this is because of the distance from the pool to the pumping station, and if I had of known this then I would of had the pool builder put the pipe closer to the pool.

Is there anything I can do about this or will I just have to always give them a jump start?
    Leisure Pools - Rivera (16,000 gal.)

Pentair System: IntelliChlor IC20, Clean & Clear Plus Filter, MasterTemp 250 Gas Heater, SuperFlow Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Spa Jets need Jump Start

Put a spa blower on the air pipe.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner