Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally Plumbed my AGP with PVC

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally Plumbed my AGP with PVC

It was not easy. Ran into some speed bumps, but it worked out good. I never worked with PVC before and it was a good learning experience.
    Try finding the 2" to 1 1/2" sch 40 adapter that I needed at lowe's or home depot. No luck. Found it at a mom and pop shop in farm country.
    Now trying to follow all NY guidelines is a problem.
    I have to replace the power cord on the pump to a 3 foot cord, have an electrician install an outlet, move my aqua trol control panel closer to the pump so a 3 foot long pump cord can reach it. And of course bonding of the pool.
    Pain in the ***.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Florida

Re: Finally Plumbed my AGP with PVC

Good job!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

.......but worth it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mesquite, Texas

Just curious, the unions come apart for storage correct?

Nice work btw. Cool that you have two returns.

Never mind. I answered my own question. Just needed to pay close attention to your pics. lol
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

That is a great job there!

I, too, like the double return jets there. I see you have the sand filter and then the SWG off of that. I need to do that with mine. My SWG is sitting off to the side until I can get some additional stones to sit it on after I installed my sand filter a few weeks ago.

My SWG is an Intex model with the attached paper filter system. I'm thinking I can remove the cartridge filter since I have the sand filter and then just have it run on schedule. Do you run the Sand and the SWG at the same time?
    Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" AGP - Installed July 2011
    Intex SWG w/2500 GPH cartridge filters
    Intex 2,650 Sand filter
    Intex LED Pool Light
    Helotes, TX

6. Back To Top    #6
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to tfp, mabbaticchio

Nice job on the plumbing
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.