Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I passed my OCLT! (p.s. I studied hard)

1. Back To Top    #1

I passed my OCLT! (p.s. I studied hard)

I checked my chlorine last night: FC 3 CC 0 TC 3
    checked it again this morning: FC 3 CC 0 TC 3
    I passed my OCLT!

My water looks and feels WONDERFUL!

I totally credit the wonderful guidance that I've gotten here on TFP! Thanks guys!

My TA is coming down: was 120, now 90,
    pH is currently 7.2 and I am aerating to bring it back up so I dose pH again to bring the TA
    down a little further.
    and my CYA is coming up: have my socks hung, most of the CYA is dissolved, will check again in a few days.

Sparkliepoolitis is a wonderous thing!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I passed my OCLT! (p.s. I studied hard)

Congrats!! Way to go!!
    Your pool and water look so inviting and refreshing!
    Cheers,
    Liz
    Northern California Inground pool 20' by 40'
    Diamond Brite Quartz Medium Grey Plaster - Islands Sapphire Breeze Tile Border
    Jules Bright Cobalt Blue Blend Tile Bench fountain sheer waterfall descent
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump - Pentair CLean & CLear PLus Cartridge Filter - Kreepy Krauly Legend - mTF-100 Test Kit - Swimmers: Twins (Boy/Girl) 14 yrs old

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome, isn't it?
    AG, 10,400 gallons, filter cartridge, 2HP pump
    Coffeegoddss...bonafide thread killer!
    POOL SCHOOL...fortheloveofgawd, read POOL SCHOOL

4. Back To Top    #4

You can just knead the socks a bit and it will probably all gush out quickly if it is saturated, as it sounds it is. Water looks great, and that pool looks HUGE!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the kudos!

I did knead the socks. It had been a few days and the water looked like milk!(when I squeezed the socks)
    Then it dissipated and everything was wonderful!

It IS huge! I told my husband years ago that I wanted to zero landscape our yard.
    Silly man, thought I meant mulch!

Between the pool and a 2 1/2 car garage I don't have a lot of grass to mow anymore. I've left the side yard (18' x 40' approx) for the puppies. There is about 10' - 12' left on 2 sides facing the garage and the back fence, and 6' clearance on the side fence and house sides. I started out planning to get a 16'. Then I thought, why not go to 18' or 22"? THEN I saw the 26'! That was all she wrote. It really is too big for my yard but, I'm not giving it back!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)