Opinions on plumbing?

Jun 17, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Hello all,

I just wanted to get some opinions on this quick fix for my AGP set-up.

I was having issues with the regular items that came with the Intex pool last year - namely the pump which broke twice (got it replaced for free, twice) and went to a sand filter but couldn't figure out those adapters for the life of me because of the photos being dead links or horrible angles. I then came up with this solution as not too many people posted it for the 'simple beginners.' I just couldn't connect the dots as it was all new to me.

As you can tell I attached the plunger valves directly to the filter - instead of the liner - let me know what you think about this - and found that I could use a 1.5 hose with clamps (I found at Walmart for $9) to attach to the intex skimmer filter pump adapter on the bottom of the Thru-wall skimmer and then directly to the plunger with those clamps.

I had to replace the 14' 1.25" vac hose as the original hose for the vacuum head to the vacuum adapter was sucking into itself because of the lack of reinforced rungs in the hose - you can see it on the ground as I've used it as a runoff extension hose from the filter (backwash). I replaced the 1.25" hose with a 1.5" HTH 31' Universal Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose (Also found at Walmart) which has no loss in suction! It came with some clear plastic adapters to fit the 1.25" fitting on the vacuum adapter & head. I can now reach the other side of the pool with the vacuum!.

Lastly,
My mom who loves the pool decided on wiring a plastic basket to the side because the family loves to call her while in the pool...never a dull moment. I'm trying to find a substitute for it but it's growing on me haha!

Let me know what you think - suggestions/comments. My next attempt is pavers for next summer....It's a lot more level than what it was last year!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 185
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 185
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 185
here's the adapter, note that the two sizes on the bottom of it.

The smaller part fits the 1.25" hose exactly, the upper portion is for the 1.5" hose. I never even understood this from the labels for purchasing this as I ended up buying another adapter (INTEX ADAPTER B seen below) that had a crummy black rubber O ring getting sucked into itself in the hose and seemed like everyone was using it (and complaining about it) instead of thinking about my choice rigging above - don't know why....and don't know why I never thought about it, so simple!

I've included the original format I had with that adapter B....as seen with that hayward basket just to give an idea of how it worked and what it looks like now without any hard plumbing.

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 10722_large2a.jpg
    10722_large2a.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 10722_intexfilter_adapter2_w_skimmer.jpg
    10722_intexfilter_adapter2_w_skimmer.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 169
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.