Backwash Question

So, I understand only backwashing when needed and agree with the concept why waste my perfect water.

I am using a Polaris 9300 Sport and a Catfish handheld to vacuum, so i don't suck the dirt through my filter to reduce backwashing. My pressure has not moved since opening(brand new pool, clear water from the fill) and i used the regular vacuum one time for the first cleaning (lots of red dirt/clay, lots of small cement scale etc.). Is there a time frame when i should backwash or just wait until the pressure goes up, it has not moved since opening (around 4 weeks). I will be adding DE to the filter once i get the CYA totally in line, I am edging it upwards to not overshoot. If my filter pressure does not go up should i just wait until the end of the season or.. :lol: that is probably just wishfull thinking.

roadking00 said:
Sounds like you may just have really clean/balanced water like me :) I haven't backwashed
Mine in over a month or so...even after vaccuming :) just have it all sparkling clean the TFP way and enjoy the ool.....

Wish I had that luck. lol. We've had a few dust storms this last week. My pool turns brown. It cleans up easy enough but I've backwashed 3 times in 10 days. HA!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.