Need help on my equipment list - Riviera 40

Jun 6, 2012
First off, this forum rocks!!! I have learned a lot that has helped me decide on my pool and PB. I am ready for the final dose of knowledge, but need it customized to my situation. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. Once I start the build, I will post pics. It will be a while though b/c my PB is booked till Sept. :(

I am rounding the corner to finally make a pool purchase. I have decided to get the Grand Riviera 40 from Leisure Pools. I would like some help deciding on a few upgrades. Attached is the dig spec list, and the pool / deck design. 16x40 22,600 gal.

The price is $36,000 with the following included in the kit.
> Hayward 1.5hp single speed pump (model # unknown)
> Hayward cartridge filter (model # unknown, but am positive its too small)
> Hayward Aqua Plus automation w/ SWG
> 2" plumbing, everything individually plumbed
> ~430 sq ft. decking
> 2 main drain, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, 2 suction (I think the return / suction is in the correct ratio, it may be reversed)
> Electrical included
> Water
> Backfill w/ gravel

We are adding an additional 300sq ft decking, Rico Rock coping, 3 lights in the side, diving board, retaining wall / firepit

I want to upgrade the pump to a Hayward 2-stage pump, don't know which one though. No hot tub, water features, slide, solar heat, etc - just a hole in the ground with water in it. Electricity is cheap here ~$0.09. What are your suggestions?

I know that the filter needs to be upgraded. Either the 425 or 525 sq ft - its a new build so pad space is irrelevant, it will be built to match the equipment. What model # corresponding with the recommended pump?

Also, it that enough skimmer / suction / return for the size of the pool?

Thanks again for the advice.

[attachment=1:2v98plh7]Grand-Riviera-40.pdf[/attachment:2v98plh7]
[attachment=0:2v98plh7]Pool design.pdf[/attachment:2v98plh7]

Attachments

• Grand-Riviera-40.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Pool design.pdf
    188 KB · Views: 23
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.