green murky water

Jun 29, 2012
I've been a pool owner for 5 years and am struggling with getting my pool clear this year. I have an inground 16x30 pool. I opened it up just about a month ago and when the winter cover came off the water was clear but there was some sediment on the bottom. I was out of town for a few days shortly after opening and I've not been able to tackle what I think is an algae problem. We shocked the water and continue to use our daily dosage but the water isn't clear. I've had my water tested and all levels are the normal? Does it make sense to reshock or maybe add a super blue clarifier? I'm at wits end and have little free time to devote to my pool as I have 3 little kids. I look forward to any comments, thanks

garret420 said:
Unfortunately, I do not have a test kit
:hammer:

Get one! :whip:

Seriously, best money you'll ever spend on your cement pond. Within a couple weeks your pool will look clearer than you ever thought possible, and you'll probably be able to guess pretty close what readings you'll get when you take them, and, more important, what you need to add. Skip the article in Pool School, best bang for the buck is at http://tftestkits.net You'll probably want the XL option, since you'll be clearing a swamp. I also could not go back to life without a speedstir, hint, hint.

Check out the first video in this thread - you can see from end to end! A testimony to self-testing.

had my water tested, attached are the results. Over the weekend on the recommendation for a highly respected pool and spa store in my area I added 3lbs of granulare chlorine, brushed the pool walls, added 32 oz of a algaecide, and added 4oz of a clarifier. as of this morning a see little to no improvement.

Attachments

• Pool results.jpg
    Pool results.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 91
You really need your own good test kit.

In order to clear it up you're going to have to follow the shock process here and without a good test kit you're not going to be able to.

What was the ingredient in the granular chlorine?
How do normally chlorinate your pool?

Bama Rambler said:
You really need your own good test kit.
Let me reiterate what Bama said. You really really need a proper test kit. The TF-Test Kit is the best bang for the buck. Purchasing a proper test kit is the only thing this forum asks you to accept on faith. All other recommendations will be validated by results. If you really think about it and read Pool School, it becomes less of a faith based decision and more of a logical decision.

If you went into an automotive forum and asked what was needed to replace the oxygen sensor on your car, you would be directed to purchase an offset oxygen sensor flare wrench. There's no getting around that. A regular wrench won't work. Same thing with a proper test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.