Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I Have Something Under The Ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

Hillsborough, NC

Should I Have Something Under The Ladder

Should I have something under the ladder in the pool to protect the liner? Is a bath mat going to want to float up?
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2
    Antelope, CA

Re: Should I Have Something Under The Ladder

If you get a bathmat with the suction cups on the back, it won't float up. Others have used piece of old liner or liner patches to provide protection.

My old liner was in the pool for 7 years without anything under the ladder and I never had any ladder wear issues. Chemical damage... yes, ladder
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Should I Have Something Under The Ladder

Get a clear Heavy Duty Bath mat from walmart.Has the suction cup's on bottom.Just cut to size.Work's great for me&re-use every yr.Will turn a milky white over the yrs.but work's great..Make sure you get the "Heavy Duty"..It's thicker
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit