Hi all -- I rushed home today at lunch to put some acid in pool so kids could swim right away when we get home after work. Used a stick to open the styrofoam(?) seal on top of the new bottle of acid. I never know quite how to get that seal off, and have used a stick in the past with no problems. THIS time, some bark fell into the bottle and, after adding the dosage to the pool, I noted that the bottle has visible fumes coming from the open jar. I put the lid on and then took it off wondering if it would be a problem to have that foreign matter in there with the lid on - will it explode or just break it down? I need to go back to work ---- how should I proceed?
1. leave acid bottle outdoors with lid on?
2. find a way to dispose of the acid (tell me how) and start over with a new bottle?
Late already - help appreciated.