New Pool

Jun 29, 2012
Just had a new 24' AG pool installed today. Was amazed at how quickly it went together (a couple of hours).

How long do I need to wait to get in it? I am filling it with a garden hose and I have good pressure so it will be filled in 2 days.

If you're filling it with chlorinated water, you can get in as it's filling. I'd probably test and adjust the pH first but that's about all you need to do.

You should click the link in my sig for the test kit and get that ordered now if you haven't already.

Add about 3 ppm of FC in it each evening until you can get some CYA in there.

Will getting in leave footprints in the sand or mess anything up?

I am not new to pools. I had an Intex 15' and 18' over the past new years with no issues (other than they are junk and the filters break constantly) but my water was always pretty :)

The store told me to fill and stay out of it for 3 days, the installers said a week. Is my 250lbs feet really going to push harder on the pool filled with 14,000 gallons of water? Seems illogical, so I thought I would ask the real pool people.

Well I watched parts of the install. I was screwing around with my neighbor during the part in which they would have tamped it down. To be safe, just in case they didn't how long should I wait?

Thanks for the post. I am stoked. And this place is awesome. Tomorrow is a day of moving dirt/sod piles around and sweating to death. Today had bad storms. 80-90 mph wind gusts in Ohio valley. Pool only had 6 inches of water I was a bit worried. But it did great.

So I have 2 garden hoses in the pool both running since 1 or 2 pm yesterday. Pool will be full in a matter of hours. Man I have some serious water pressure. Of course when I take a shower its like showering in the kitchen sink

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support