Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool

Just had a new 24' AG pool installed today. Was amazed at how quickly it went together (a couple of hours).

How long do I need to wait to get in it? I am filling it with a garden hose and I have good pressure so it will be filled in 2 days.
    14,000 gallons
    sand filter
    AG
    1.5HP 19" sand filter
    6-29-12 installed

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool

Welcome! Read pool school and acquaint yourself with chemicals needed to balance your water. Got a good test kit yet?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

If you're filling it with chlorinated water, you can get in as it's filling. I'd probably test and adjust the pH first but that's about all you need to do.

You should click the link in my sig for the test kit and get that ordered now if you haven't already.

Add about 3 ppm of FC in it each evening until you can get some CYA in there.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Will getting in leave footprints in the sand or mess anything up?

I am not new to pools. I had an Intex 15' and 18' over the past new years with no issues (other than they are junk and the filters break constantly) but my water was always pretty

The store told me to fill and stay out of it for 3 days, the installers said a week. Is my 250lbs feet really going to push harder on the pool filled with 14,000 gallons of water? Seems illogical, so I thought I would ask the real pool people.
    14,000 gallons
    sand filter
    AG
    1.5HP 19" sand filter
    6-29-12 installed

5. Back To Top    #5

If they tamp the sand like they're supposed to and you don't jump on it, you won't leave any footprints. Just do more floating than walking.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Well I watched parts of the install. I was screwing around with my neighbor during the part in which they would have tamped it down. To be safe, just in case they didn't how long should I wait?
    14,000 gallons
    sand filter
    AG
    1.5HP 19" sand filter
    6-29-12 installed

7. Back To Top    #7

A day or two should be plenty.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the post. I am stoked. And this place is awesome. Tomorrow is a day of moving dirt/sod piles around and sweating to death. Today had bad storms. 80-90 mph wind gusts in Ohio valley. Pool only had 6 inches of water I was a bit worried. But it did great.
    14,000 gallons
    sand filter
    AG
    1.5HP 19" sand filter
    6-29-12 installed

9. Back To Top    #9

So I have 2 garden hoses in the pool both running since 1 or 2 pm yesterday. Pool will be full in a matter of hours. Man I have some serious water pressure. Of course when I take a shower its like showering in the kitchen sink
    14,000 gallons
    sand filter
    AG
    1.5HP 19" sand filter
    6-29-12 installed

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by redpyro
    Man I have some serious water pressure. Of course when I take a shower its like showering in the kitchen sink
    Flow Restrictors, hate Em! I remove them from the shower heads.

You'll be swimming in no time!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

No flow restrictors. All my water pressure is going out my hoses, leaves water pressure very low to the rest of the house.
    14,000 gallons
    sand filter
    AG
    1.5HP 19" sand filter
    6-29-12 installed

12. Back To Top    #12

Oh yeah, the DW complains when I open that 1" fill line to the pool. The good thing is that it doesn't take me long to top it off.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator