New IG pool build start to finish!

Yes, listen to John 8) It will be worth it! We survived a year long pool build (not to scare ya, cuz yours will be done waaay sooner!) Looking back on all the frustrations now is easier knowing we will have water in the next week. Scheduled for plaster tomorrow but the winds could change that.

Hang in there!

I understand the pain...our 're-model' was started last (07) September, well, at least thats when we signed the contract...we're still dealing with them but at least I still have a nice chunk of change in our savings account that's supposed to be his.

We're lucky that my brother-in-law is a contract/construction lawyer, nice to have in the family...and I now let any contractor who bids on anything know that.

I think it also helped to buy the pool companies URL, small investment that seems to be paying off :D Once we're all done I'm going to let him 'bid' on the name from me :D (ebay with a reserve ;))

:-D Fingers crossed and pit in my stomach, the excavator has confimed for tomorrow. The PB said forms will be done late tomorrow and plumbing/ concrete in pool Tuesday next week due to holiday :-D wish me luck! I'll take lots of pics.

Ok so a tiny nightmare getting my hole dug but it could have been loads worse. In retrospect it wasn't the PBs fault or mine for that matter. I went off the info filed at the town for the septic as well as the prior owners info. Unfortunately for me we found the septic system right where it wasn't supposed to be. So we then needed to dig test holes to layout the system so we could stay away from it. So we did and after a couple of hours we resumed. Now my original layout was shot and we needed to move the pool up which will now rearrange everything including ALL of my landscaping arrangements. But ok I quickly recovered and we continued until...................

Attachments

• pool20001.jpg
    pool20001.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 457
THEN.......We hit the water main :shock: :shock: :shock: What the %$^&. That too was NOT where we were told it was! Gees when we bought this place we walked around with the prior owner and he said oh yes you can easily put an inground pool here there aren't any lines :oops: Somewhat my fault to because I should have gone under the house and chased the incoming lines but my bad what was I thinking????? Anyway as you can see in the pic I have a hole. I also have a newly fixed water main and a small headache :x But all in all it could have been worse and the pb and dig guys were cool about it and it went well and was fixed without to much trouble. So next week on Tuesday we get walls and quickcrete, crossing fingers for the storm gods to keep away!

Attachments

• pool60001.jpg
    pool60001.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 455
Fingers crossed for you..good luck and hopefully you won't have too much more trouble. That is some seriously red dirt! I can picture your face when your dogs come running in covered in that!

Yeah got red dirt :shock: My little fluffy white dog is now red and my 7 month old lab is in bone burying heaven. The back fill guys are gonna wonder whats going on. Also my kids realized wet red clay slides really well. Lets just say I've got alot of washing to do :cry: Anyway, the lines were all marked out but mislabeled. We are on private well and septic and we went off the plans that were filed with dehec but the plans were mislabeled and had we move 4 inches the other way we would have missed the pipes completely. Oh well lessoned learned. This is the learning curve everyone needs to read about those of us building. It helps them double check. I did however get my first lein waiver signed VM so I'm taking a page out of your book :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So they are supposed to be coming today to finish walls and put in vermiculite. One question. There is a 30% chance of rain the next 2 days is that gonna be an issue? They have scheduled pour for this afternoon. If it gets done around 4pm and rains in the am will that be ok?Thanks guys :)

Ok I should be golden then. It isn't going to rain until tomorrow. It will be done by 4pm and isn't supposed to start raining until 9am or so in the morning so it will have had several hours to cure.
One other question. I need some help by way of understanding automation controls. Just basics. I was gonna go with the easy touch system and was gonna go with the easy touch 8. What is an actuator and how many would I need for controlling pool pump, water feature, and pool slide?

An actuator turns a valve in response to commands coming from the automation system. You need one for each water feature that you want independent control over. If you want the automation system to be able to turn the slide on and off that would be one actuator, the water feature would be another.

Little by little...We got walls today but no concrete or vermiculite, I guess he does vermiculite after backfill...I misunderstood. They are coming to do the concrete around the walls tomorrow, plumbing on Thursday and backfill Friday. Below is wall pics.

Attachments

• pool70001.jpg
    pool70001.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 377
I do have a couple of questions for you all. I have been looking everywhere for the cup receivers for umbrellas to put into concrete for shade. I can't find the thread or a website. Anyone got any ideas? How big should I make the pad for my equipment? Is it normal for the pb to want to wait to put in the liner after concrete with cantilever decking? Thanks. Backfill today :)

So we got backfilled today...sort of. Well due to the fact my hubby has some experience with ground work we were kind of left high and dry until we finish the grade work. Oh boy is there some grade work. Hubby is furious with me and he doesn't even want to deal but he also doesn't want to pay for it. EEEK. Basically we ran out of fill around the pool I had 1200 worth hauled in hoping it would be enough but I was wrong. Now we have to finish the ground work before PB will come back. Here is the dilemna. Our yard basically grades from our barn right down to the pool. Now we have to put in water diverters to keep the water away from the pool. Is there a better way to do this other than having burms or ditches all over in random places? I just don't know the answer and he's doesn't even want to go over it with me. We progressed so well in a week I just don't want a month stand still! Tell me what you think from the pics?

Attachments

• pool110001.jpg
    pool110001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 287
  • pool120001.jpg
    pool120001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 288

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.