why does my pH keep creepin up???

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hi everybody...well off to a great summer here so far...got my swamp mess cleaned up from a nasty fall..and my pool has been doing very well. However, one issue I am having that I have NEVER head the past 3 years is pH creep.

my params are: ( I use a SWCG)

FC - 4
CC - 0
pH -7.8 (currently)
CYA - 45 (I know it's a tad low for a SWG setup..but I am slowly raising it, just don't want to overshoot)
Temp - 82 F

I lowered my pH two days ago with Muriatic Acid, down to 7.2, and it constantly creeps up. today it's at 7.8, and if I test again tomorrow it'll most likely be 8.0 or a tad higher.

Why's it doing this???

Thanks
Dan

flyweed said:
Richard....I think I'll just turn my return up into the air, so it splashes and breaks surface..and then keep my pH low (6.8-7.0) I have 4 gallons of Muriatic sitting here, so acid additions won't be a problem.
Try not to go below 7.2. The lower pH you're suggesting probably won't harm any equipment, but it's rough on swimmers' eyes. And perfect pool chemistry isn't just for show - it's for swimming!

WHOOO HOOOO....well after about 3 weeks of aerating my pool and continually adding Muriatic acid to keep my pH at 7.2...my TA is now successfully down to 100ppm!! I was shocked when I tested this morning and the test started turning red on about the 8th drop of solution!! Yippee!! So happy to have it down after a battle of high TA for two season now.

Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.