Noob here, please be gentle ..
Studying & Reading this forum like crazy! We take ownership of our new house with pool on Sunday! Planning on ditching their pool service ($$) and doing this ourself.
So, it sounds like you are stocking up on gallons and gallons of the things needed for the BBB method. Can you give me an idea of what quanities and the basic stuff I need to stock in my pool house just to get this going? I bought a TF100 test kit that arrives next week.
- Bleach, 6% strength -- just how much of this do you actually go through in a typical month? (full sun, daily swimming).
- Baking Soda - where do you buy "large" boxes of this? I only saw it in the bakers section, small boxes. How much do you actually go through??
- Borax (20 mule team, grocery store)
- CYA (conditioner -Pool Supply store) -- again, what's a good starting quantity?
- Dichlor or Trichlor TABLETS (those floating things, current owner has one) -- Are these still needed if I'm adjusting and adding Bleach?
Any other chemicals that I should stock right away? BORATE ?????
Thanks so much - looking forward to learning from you all.