Test Kit Opinion needed! First time pool owner.

tj04

Jun 29, 2012
Hello! We just purchased our first permanent above ground pool and had it up and running Memorial Day weekend. It is a 24 ft. round and 48 inches deep and has 15,000 gallons of water. It is also currently growing algae. We didn't do enough/any research on pool maintenance before we purchased it and we received a bit of misinformation. SO now that I have read practically everything on the web, I see that we need a decent test kit before we proceed much farther. (I am going to have the water tested at our local pool store while we work on eliminating the algae and ordering a test kit)
My husband found a Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD Test kit for a very budget friendly price at a local pool store (in Columbus Ohio) and we would like a few opinions. Here is a link to the product. Any and all help would be appreciated; our boys are upset they can't swim!

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... KitID=2230

tj04 said:
What about the K2005?
Nope, that is NOT what you want. That is the one the pool stores always try to push off on folks instead of the K2006.

You can compare test kits in Pool School. TFTestKits.net also sells the Taylor K2006 for a very good price w/fast shipping and excellent service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.