Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Kit Opinion needed! First time pool owner.

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Kit Opinion needed! First time pool owner.

Hello! We just purchased our first permanent above ground pool and had it up and running Memorial Day weekend. It is a 24 ft. round and 48 inches deep and has 15,000 gallons of water. It is also currently growing algae. We didn't do enough/any research on pool maintenance before we purchased it and we received a bit of misinformation. SO now that I have read practically everything on the web, I see that we need a decent test kit before we proceed much farther. (I am going to have the water tested at our local pool store while we work on eliminating the algae and ordering a test kit)
    My husband found a Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD Test kit for a very budget friendly price at a local pool store (in Columbus Ohio) and we would like a few opinions. Here is a link to the product. Any and all help would be appreciated; our boys are upset they can't swim!

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... KitID=2230
    ~25k gallon, IG,Vinyl, Sta-Rite System3 Cartridge Filter, Installed June 2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Kit Opinion needed! First time pool owner.

The Taylor K-2006 is one of the test kits that we recommend. The other is the TF100 from TFTestKits.net.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4

What about the K2005?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by tj04
    What about the K2005?
    Nope, that is NOT what you want. That is the one the pool stores always try to push off on folks instead of the K2006.

You can compare test kits in Pool School. TFTestKits.net also sells the Taylor K2006 for a very good price w/fast shipping and excellent service.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Test Kit Opinion needed! First time pool owner.

I have the K-2006 and I love it... don't get the K-2005
    37000 litre, concrete, pebble, Viron P300 pump, Hurlcon VX7T SWCG, Viron CL-400 Cartridge filter, Solar heating, Pandora Smart Robotic cleaner