Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Installing Pool Safety Line Rope - After the fact

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Installing Pool Safety Line Rope - After the fact

I endured a lousy home builder and a lousy pool installer, and after 4 - 5 years of learning how stuff works and how it wasn't installed correctly, I have come to yet another "not done right" issue... safety rope

I have a 6 year old who is an avid swimmer and I want to put a safety line across our pool but the builder and pool installer did not build in rings or hooks to attach a pool safety rope to. I have a fiberglass pool with some kind of slate stone type coping, if I am using the terminology correctly. The stone is about 2 inches thick and sits on top of some white plastic type substance that is about 2 inches thick, then the top of the pool.

Does anyone know of a way to retro fit a safety rope, after the fact?

Thanks
    Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Installing Pool Safety Line Rope - After the f

Welcome to TFP.

It would help if you could post a pic of the pool and places the rope would need to go.

It's not common to put in safety rope anchors, so you really can't blame your PB for that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

How about some sort of suction cup with a hook?
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Dave, thanks for the welcome. I will post pics later today..
    Jim, you rock! Great idea!

5. Back To Top    #5

Not a perfect plan, but when we have young swimmers, we run a safety line by tying it to our fence posts, which are 2' away from the pool on one side and 4' on the other. Alternatively, we also had thought of using dog tie out corkscrew stakes, or long tent stakes, in the grass just past the cement border around the pool. Don't know what your pool area looks like, but we're a bit "country hick" about things
    18X32' in ground, vinyl lined, 25,000 gallons, Hayward S-200 sand filter with Zeolite, heated by the sun with coils of black pipe on the pump house roof

6. Back To Top    #6

If you want the kids to be able to hold on to it for floating I'd start thinking about a secure setup...
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing