LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Looking for SWG for above ground with over 17000 gallons, which has been more challenging than expected. Most AG rated SWGs do not seem to handle that kind of volume. The Aqua Trol (barely) claims capable, but I am so green that I don't even understand which Aqua Trol to buy. First off, if any of you are experienced with this product, I'd love to hear how it has gone. If this SWG isn't likely to contribute to the idea of a trouble free pool, the rest of this thread will not matter.

This system comes with either the return jet fitting or the pipe fitting. Is one somehow superior over the other, or easier to install? Also, the Hayward folks are smart. Realizing that most AG pools have a single outlet at the pump, they designed the Aqua Trol to plug in to your existing outlet and for your pump to plug into the Aqua Trol, with an integrated timer. If this is standard, please excuse my ignorance LOL! My pump has a twist lock plug that is specialized enough that we have yet to find the correct receptacle to install the electricity (we are still in the installation process). I have recently learned that not all three-prong twist-lock plugs are created equal. Are all "twist-lock" pump plugs of the L5-20 variety? If so, it would seem safe to order the twist-lock version of this SWG, but if not, it seems going the "straight blade" route would make sense, and my search for the correct receptacle just got easy... but some sort of conversion would be in order. I hope that made sense enough for someone to guide me.

Don't limit yourself to just those units that claim to be for aboveground pools. The Aqua Trol unit isn't big enough for your pool. You need a unit that's rated for between 26,000 and 51,000 gallons. Take a look at the Aqua Rite and Compupool units.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.