Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: POSSIBLE CRACKED LID?

POSSIBLE CRACKED LID?

I'm getting a few bubbles in my basket when filter gauge is at 14lbs. They reduce greatly if return valve is fully open and pressure drops to 10 or so,but I need more than that to run cleaner. I've checked my liquidator hook ups by unhooking ball gauge,replacing control valve,and covering hookups at the liquidator itself and at the pump drain inlet. There is no water at all on my pad. Replaced the gasket in the basket lid,re-lubed lightly(maybe I need to be generous with the lube),but after this the blasted little bubbles keep appearing.They appear to come up from the union of the lid and the basket body. I'm thinking maybe a hairline crack in my lid that I'm not seeing. Does anybody know of a way to check it without buying a new lid?? Just hate to buy a new lid if it isn't needed.
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

Re: POSSIBLE CRACKED LID?

Check the drain plugs on the strainer body.

As for leak detection, get a garden hose and dribble water over the areas you think might leak. If the bubbles disappear, it means it's sucking water instead of air, and you know where to narrow the search.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!