Resurface Rock Waterslide

skygremlin

Apr 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
We bought a house that has an in ground pool / hot tub with a rock waterslide into the pool I think we need to resurface our rock waterslide, and wondering if anybody can help me get an idea on a few things:

- What does this entale? How long till the slide can be used after? We have family staying with us in 2 weeks for our wedding.
- Rough estimates on how much this might cost.
- How long should this take?

hey jtb33 sorry for the delay.. I haven't been on in a while.. So last year I spoke with a guy and we ended up removing all the surfacing on the slide. Basically what they did was grind and use a chemical to strip all the covering (for lack of better words) off. They then polished the whole inside of the slide do a point where it's now as smooth as our granite counter tops in our kitchen. And to be honest when wet the slide was very fast = fun..;) Actually, we had to show the kiddo's how to get in cause I didn't want them slipping and cracking their heads...

Recently I noticed a crack in the slide and a piece chipped out. I contacted the same guy and he said no issues they can fix it for about $100.00. But heck now my concern is that we're going to have to worry about another chip in this crack, or if the slide cracks again.

Does anybody have any experience with polishing their concrete slides?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.