Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Resurface Rock Waterslide

1. Back To Top    #1

Resurface Rock Waterslide

We bought a house that has an in ground pool / hot tub with a rock waterslide into the pool I think we need to resurface our rock waterslide, and wondering if anybody can help me get an idea on a few things:

- What does this entale? How long till the slide can be used after? We have family staying with us in 2 weeks for our wedding.
    - Rough estimates on how much this might cost.
    - How long should this take?
    Pool: Salt; 35, 000 - 40, 000 gallon; Pebble-tec; Spa overflows into the pool; 3 hayward pumps and one Pentair IntelliFlo VS; slide and waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Resurface Rock Waterslide

Another pic from inside the slide
    Pool: Salt; 35, 000 - 40, 000 gallon; Pebble-tec; Spa overflows into the pool; 3 hayward pumps and one Pentair IntelliFlo VS; slide and waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Throw on some jean shorts and call it good!!! J/K beautiful slide but I have no idea....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

4. Back To Top    #4

It could be refinished in a couple of days, add another for a complete cure, then you'll be slipping & sliding!

I have no idea about cost though.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL - It's actually not bad if you slide down you your butt. I went down on my belly (which had to look funny to begin with) I found myself saying oh oh oh oh oh ...

6. Back To Top    #6

I know this is an OLD post, but any update on this one?

My pool:
    89' perimeter, 15,150 gallons, depth: 3x5x4
    Hayward C5025 w/Hayward 2HP tri-star pump, 2" PVC piping
    Goldline Pro Logic P4 w/salt system and Aqua Pod wireless remote
    Magnasweep in-floor cleaning system
    Pebbletec Caribbean blue
    Grotto w/waterfall and rock slide
    Play-step w/water feature

7. Back To Top    #7

hey jtb33 sorry for the delay.. I haven't been on in a while.. So last year I spoke with a guy and we ended up removing all the surfacing on the slide. Basically what they did was grind and use a chemical to strip all the covering (for lack of better words) off. They then polished the whole inside of the slide do a point where it's now as smooth as our granite counter tops in our kitchen. And to be honest when wet the slide was very fast = fun.. Actually, we had to show the kiddo's how to get in cause I didn't want them slipping and cracking their heads...

Recently I noticed a crack in the slide and a piece chipped out. I contacted the same guy and he said no issues they can fix it for about $100.00. But heck now my concern is that we're going to have to worry about another chip in this crack, or if the slide cracks again.

Does anybody have any experience with polishing their concrete slides?