Pool water staying swampy?

Hi!
Frogpool is my husband. : )

He's been trying to deal with the pool and has been learning a ton.

A great guy found us on here and has been amazing showing us (well mainly DH) how everything works. He even sorted out the pump issue for us by switching out the frozen pump with the waterfall pump (which the pool store said wasn't working either).
He opened the pool for us and has been teaching DH (Frogpool) how everything works. We're still clueless and overwhelmed, but less so and at least DH now has a rudimentary understanding of how things work. Dave's been amazing and he is going to stop by tomorrow and vacuum off the left over debris at the bottom of the pool, but basically DH is now our official pool boy. ; )

We do not have a clear pool by any means, but for the first time we can see the bottom of the hot tub at least. Pool is still bad.

How do those test results look? You were right it's not as bad when you actually do it, but so intimidating trying to read up on it - especially given that we're both bad with numbers.

It sucks not being able to use the pool while it's so hot!

Ah, now it makes sense.

Re results - Advice remains the same, and I was referring to those results when I said you/he needs to get to shock value and stay there until you pass the overnight chlorine test.
Don't worry about anything else (except getting those leaves out, seriously) until AFTER you've passed the test and don't add anything else -- especially not ph up -- until you've passed the test.

If you're using the bbb method you'll eventually want your TA down to 70 ish and you'll find that ph does not read right while in shock mode.

Did frog pool read the how-to article in pool school as well?
If you follow that and SUSTAIN shock value things will speed up.

Best wishes! You're going to love that pool in short order. Aren't you about due? Or are you holding out for a July 4th baby ;)

(logged on under DH's username)

I was due on Friday! So far the baby is hanging in there - we're taking bets on arrival dates. DH is thinking the 3rd. I really have no idea!

DH is working so hard on the pool - really hope it comes together soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.