What size pavers for Intex rectangular AGP?

nelson411

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2011
Northern California
Hi all,
I was wondering what size pavers do you use for Intex rectangular AGP? The supports are wider than the ones on a round pool.
Does anyone know the measurements on the supports?
Cheers,
Liz

Northern California 9 X 18 Intex Ultra Frame Pool (mint in the box), 1 hp Hayward C-400 pump & cartridge filter Twins (Boy/Girl) 10 yrs old

I think the paver thing is over done. Yes pavers work well and look good but they are overkill. Why not make some forms and pour a footing. If your ground is packed down enough you do not need any pavers. I had an Intex pool for two years with nothing under the legs. It was fine, the legs did not sink. This year I put down 1/4" plywood squares 7"-7" under the legs only because it would be easier incase I needed to shim the legs up. I used small pieces of pickets from a stockade fence to shim a few legs. If you go on youtube you can see rectangular Intex pools setup. Plywood seems to be the best thing to put under the large side legs. I would bet that a small plastic saucer would work well on regular round Intexs.

Why do the boards need to be 2" thick? Do you think that a 1" thick board will bend or snap or even a 1/2" or 1/4" thick board? The board is laying flat on the ground. That being said there is nothing wrong with using a 2" thick board.

Thanks y'all,
We decided to go with 2 x 12 x 8 boards. I saw in someone's post that they used one long board so that all of the supports are on the same level. I saw in the manual that they were suggesting 15' by 15' board squares, but I think we can get away with that size.
I'm incredibly challenged when it comes to DIY, so I appreciate all of the comments and support.
I will post pictures when we start building. I'm going to attempt to put in a through wall skimmer, and hopefully build a small deck.

I can't wait until it's set up! My kids are asking every minute when will the pool be up!! :hammer:

TFP is the best! :lovetfp:

Have a great 4th of July!!

Cheers,

Liz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.