Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: This OleTexan

1. Back To Top    #1

This OleTexan

This Ole Texan is in Yankee country. Vacationing with the family in Ocean City Maryland, Then we leave and head to New York, up in the Catskills, close by Woodstock. Not sure I can handle Yankee land for 3 weeks, but I must say the beach has been great so far this week
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: This OleTexan

We love Ocean City, and we live in Orange County California. Love the old school boardwalk, warm water, fishing, saltier air. Catskills are great too. Just remember, nobody puts Baby in a corner.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by elwood58
    Just remember, nobody puts Baby in a corner.

Guess I am going to show how dumb I am.....you need to explain this one to me!!!!
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Catskills, Resorts, "Dirty Dancing", a popular 1987 film. It was a famous line uttered in the film by Johnny (Patrick Swayze). The location for some of the shoot was the Brown's Hotel in the Catskills. It has since burned down, after being turned into condominiums. The main shooting location was Mountain Lake Resort near Roanoke VA. the movie's setting was supposed to be the Borscht Belt of hotels that thrived in the Catskills until the late 70s. By the time the film was made, about a summer in 1963, most of the Borscht Belt hotels had already closed down.

More than you wanted to know, but the movie is the only impression most of us have about the Catskills. At least those of us who have never been there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092890/quotes
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"