When can kids swim

imcj

May 18, 2010
I put a sock of dry stabilizer in front of the return...it is now all gone out of the sock, but I wanted to know how long before children should swim in the water. I put it in early this morning (I also pushed my finger into it several times throughout the morning...I just like to see the white cloud come out of the sock...makes me know it's going into the water ;) ) I have learned from here that you should wait several hours after adding chlorine or MA before swimmers should be allowed into the water, but I don't know about the stabilizer. No injury or health hazard, long or short term, is worth getting in the water before it's safe. Thanks.

imcj said:
I have learned from here that you should wait several hours after adding chlorine or MA before swimmers should be allowed into the water, but I don't know about the stabilizer.

Are you sure you saw that here? Many recommend 30 minutes to an hour, and several with large pools may even add chlorine at one end while people are at the other end. As long as it is added slowly in front of a return, it is diluted and dispersed very quickly.

You can swim the entire time that you are adding the CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.