Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: When can kids swim

1. Back To Top    #1

When can kids swim

I put a sock of dry stabilizer in front of the return...it is now all gone out of the sock, but I wanted to know how long before children should swim in the water. I put it in early this morning (I also pushed my finger into it several times throughout the morning...I just like to see the white cloud come out of the sock...makes me know it's going into the water ) I have learned from here that you should wait several hours after adding chlorine or MA before swimmers should be allowed into the water, but I don't know about the stabilizer. No injury or health hazard, long or short term, is worth getting in the water before it's safe. Thanks.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: When can kids swim

Quote Originally Posted by imcj
    I have learned from here that you should wait several hours after adding chlorine or MA before swimmers should be allowed into the water, but I don't know about the stabilizer.
    Are you sure you saw that here? Many recommend 30 minutes to an hour, and several with large pools may even add chlorine at one end while people are at the other end. As long as it is added slowly in front of a return, it is diluted and dispersed very quickly.

You can swim the entire time that you are adding the CYA.
    ~~ Allison ~~
    Intex 18' x 48" Easy Set Pool, approximately 5455 gallons
    Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Filter Pump Model 56635EG - 635 with Auto Timer
    BBB FOR BEGINNERS ~ THIS IS A MUST READ FOR ANYONE OVERWHELMED!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Jump in!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh great! Thanks!
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah I am constantly adding bleach while people are swimming. I get a lot of funny looks from visitors but the family is pretty well used to it.
    ttttttB
    rrrL
    4444 E
    ttttA
    C
    777H
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

NC KANSAS44