Water is still cloudy

Welcome to TFP.

Post a full set of test results and how you got them.
Run and OCLT if you haven't already. And if you have, post the numbers.
Run the pump and filter 24/7 until it's clear.
Post a pic of the water.

Oh...Yes we have been doing the OCLT and the FC goes down by about 2 to 2.5 ppm, whereas we have to add more chlorine. Do we just keep doing that until it clears up?? We have already gone through about 15 gallons of chlorox...

Just keep holding the FC at shock level ... 15 gallons is not anywhere close to a record amount.

Since you are still loosing more the 1ppm of FC overnight ... something is still being consumed in your water.

EDIT: although clearly you appear to not be holding at shock level (which is 16ppm FC for your CYA level of 40pp). Have you read the Shocking Your Pool article?

Re: So you want to add borates to your pool--Why and How

[Moderator EDIT: I moved your post from http://www.troublefreepool.com/so-you-want-to-add-borates-to-your-pool-why-and-how-t4921.html to your thread here so that we can be of more help to you.]

We are still green after 2 months of clorox, borax etc...We've been shocking and brushing nightly!! If I buy more mule team and some acid, is this supposed to help. I am longing for a sparkling oasis... also i need to buy more CYA test chemical as we have used all this up in my kit.
FC 10.5
13,500 above ground vinyl pool, Hayward 1.5 pump, sand filter

You have yet to post up a FULL set of test results:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Based on the limited amount of information you have given us, it does not sound like you are holding the FC at your shock level of 16ppm consistently.

There is no way the shock process takes 2 months if done correctly.

Perhaps an effective shocking is still needed. But what about the sand filter? I have cleared up many cloudy or tint green pools by either changing the sand and/or simply adding a filter aid to improve the filtering. And same goes for old cartidges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.