Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Current readings, what to do next?

Current readings, what to do next?

This mornings test results are:
    FC 6-1/2
    CC 1/2
    TC 7-1/2
    PH darker than 7.5 but not as dark as 7.8---so 7.6/7.7 ish
    TA 100
    CH 400
    CYA 30

This is a 20 x 40 vinyl with a deep end, sand filter. The pool is still clearing, can see the bottom but the water is still a little cloudy in the deep end.

The CH is a high, anything to worry about? Should the PH be brought down?
    20 x 40 Vinyl, 33,000 gallons, "new" Hayward super-pump w/old Baker sand filter

Re: Current readings, what to do next?

How are you testing. Are you trying to shock the pool?
    Dave S.
    Site Owner
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Also, what is the CH of your fill water?
    TFP Moderator -TF100 Test Kit - TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel- PoolMath- Pool School -
    You're done SLAMing when: 1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.
    ~Do at least one thing every day that makes you happy.~

I am using the test kit from Dave at TFTestkit, what is that called the T-100?
    I used up the last of Cal Hypo to start shocking then switched to bleach. Shocked for 28 days at 13+ (with CYA between 25-30) dropped off the shocking last week. I think the cloudy water is from pollen and dust/debris blowing into the pool.
    I never thought to check the fill water for CH, I know I put a lot of calcium in the water using about 25-30 lbs of Cal Hypo when I started the shocking process. It was 440 and down due to refilling after backwashing a number of times.

It is very difficult to follow your history and past actions when you don't keep your posts under one thread. Many of us answer many, many posts so we can't remember your past history.

I will go back and re-read your actions from your other thread (s?) to this point later this afternoon.

Post your FC and CC readings in decimal form...(6.5ppm .5ppm..)not in fractions
    Dave S.
    Site Owner
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    It is very difficult to follow your history and past actions when you don't keep your posts under one thread. Many of us answer many, many posts so we can't remember your past history.

I will go back and re-read your actions from your other thread (s?) to this point later this afternoon.

Post your FC and CC readings in decimal form...(6.5ppm .5ppm..)not in fractions
    If it would be easier, i will delete this thread and add it to the one regarding shocking and algae control; to keep everything in the same place

Mike