Stock Pump 16x48 Ultra Intex

Jun 25, 2012
I have been fighting algae/greenish water for a few days now and believe I am on the winning side using the BBB approach. My concern is my pump/filter system. My water is now light blue/cloudy and I know it will take time for the bleach to work to clear. I'm wondering if my "stock" pump/filter is strong enough. It does put out a "current", but I wonder if I would be better to start looking for something stronger or even switch to a sand pump/filter set-up.

Also, when I vacuum using over the counter water hose set-up, it just stirs everything up...(of course, the bigger stuff goes into the mesh). Is there an alternative to this also?

It will help a lot. You also need an actual vacuum. The one you have is not very good. You are trying to get algae out, but all you are doing is sending it right through that silly bag and back into the water. You either need to vac to waste or clean the filter right after you vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.