Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ph high after shocking

1. Back To Top    #1

Ph high after shocking

Today my pool was starting to get cloudy. We have had quite a bit of rain the last few days. Also, a couple days ago i had decided to supliment my liquid bleach clorination by turning on the clorinator. i have a bucket of pucks and thought i could slowly use some of it up. Not sure it had anything to do with the cloudy water but thought i should tell you i used it again for a couple days.

Tested water :
    FC 2
    CC .5
    TA 140 (not sure I'm getting accurate results- 2 pool places tested 2 days previous and were in the 80's)
    Ph 7.4
    CYA 30

Decided to shock. Added 738 onces of 6% bleach. That was what the pool calculator said. FC went past my 15 ppm goal to about 22 ppm. Ph went to 8.2. I know the FC will come down how about the PH? Should I just watch it for a couple days and it will come down or do I have to add acid. I stopped using my chlorinator again. I started to use 6% bleach to chlorinate after I found this site. Waiting to see if shocking will improve the clarity of the water.

Pool 27000 gal inground
    Hayward DE
    1 hp super pump
    2 skimmers 2 returns
    No main drain

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Ph high after shocking

With FC above 10ppm, pH test becomes invalid....disregard it
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Ph high after shocking

Holding your FC high and running your filter should help clear it up. And as Dave said, don't worry about your pH until your FC is back below 10 ppm.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit